Tuesday 31 July 2012

Rainy Days and Tuesdays...

Today it has rained pretty much all day. A rainy Tuesday in Cheshire is not much fun. Not with two small boys to entertain. Lea has now watched three movies in a row and TJ is glued to the Olympics. Having such a sport loving son has its ups and downs. After each event that he watches TJ is convinced that he will be the next champion. That can be quite amusing as after each event TJ then shows us all how he will be the future medal winner. He butterfly stroked around the kitchen, performed the show jumping with myself as his horse... I now appreciate how hard those poor ponies work, which makes me wonder why they don't get a medal as well... and finally I found him in Grannies kitchen using two stools as parallel bars in order for him to be a British Gymnast. Thank goodness he hasn't yet seen the archery or shooting, I am pretty sure my Mum's ornaments won't withstand being the targets for his practise shots!

Lea has so far watched Shrek, The Princess and the Frog and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I wonder if she will start re-enacting the story lines in the same way as her brother does with sports.

Hopefully the rain will stop soon and we can get out to the park. Then TJ can show us his footballing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment