Tuesday 18 December 2012

Flu....

Yesterday TJ came down with Child Flu - its the boy version of manflu - he had it bad. He woke up at about 2am and then continued waking up on the hour throughout the night. Great fun.

Papa and I took it in turns on that first night - I did 4 times and Papa did 1! Just the one - he had work next day and I only have to study, write, organise a family Christmas and two children to care for. I should have realised!

Yesterday I set out all the Christmas menus and got online to do the shopping. Only 4 delivery slots left! I went through my itemised list and had bought nearly everything I needed when I looked at the clock - I had forgotten about KC - he was still at school... and school had finished 10 minutes ago - my heart raced. I ran out of the door telling TJ to stay in bed, I would be 5 minutes. As I ran the computer beeped - I looked back - 'You have 5 minutes before you lose your delivery slot' it said. Bugger!!!!! Food or kid???? Which should I do? I opted for the child - who I envisaged as stood outside the school gate alone and crying. I ran to school - no, I literally ran! I got there to find no KC... What was going on? I went into the school yard to see KC and 4 friends playing football with a teacher. 'Daddy!' he cried, 'You came!'. The teacher looked at me disapprovingly. 'I'm so sorry,' I said, 'TJ is at home sick and I have to get back.' I hope the teacher believed me as I grabbed KC and he waved goodbye to the other 'forgotten' children. My name is now probably on a 'list' somewhere in the staff room...

We ran in through the front door - I raced to the computer as it flashed up - 'Your designated time has now been lost - please log on again to rebook a delivery slot.' Even the computer was admonishing me!

I logged back on to find all the delivery slots over Christmas had now gone - I have £120 worth of shopping in my trolley and nowhere to send it to - unless I wanted it on Dec 28th, which defeated the object of shopping early! I put my head in my hands knowing I was now destined to have to go to Sainsbury's on Christmas Eve as the weekend before I am up in Cheshire collecting my mother and the ASBO dog for the Christmas break. Then suddenly a slot flashed up as available. Obviously, another sap had gone somewhere else and missed their 'designated shopping time.' I booked it - 7am on Saturday - but I don't care. We can get the shopping put away and I'll then head up to Mum, its going to take me all day to get there anyway. I breathed a sigh of relief and then the screen froze when I was paying... Is it really worth it??????? I cried for a while and then called the Customer Services Department. It helped that TJ was crying next to the phone. The Customer Services lady was lovely - took my card details and even gave me a voucher code to save on the delivery cost - which is £10 for the festive period!!!!!

So I am all ready - I hope.....

On a positive note - my insurance will cover the damage to TJ's teacher's car!!!!! And I wont lose my no-claims and, even better news, as I am not claiming for my car I don't even have to pay any excess... Honesty was the best policy. The chap at the insurance company was very impressed that I had left my details when the car was unattended... apparently most people don't, which I find shocking... I didn't tell him it was TJ's teacher I hit....

Last night Papa agreed to take turns watching TJ if he woke up in the night. Of course he did - beginning at 2.30am... 'Your turn,' I whispered in Papa's ear... I won't tell you what he said but the second word was 'off!' Charming. Needless to say 'sharing' the night time duties involved me getting up on the hour every hour - so as I type this I am slightly cross eyed!

Today is KC's Carol Concert - I didnt think I would be able to go but my lovely adorable and slightly mad Turkish cleaner has agreed to watch TJ while I go to the school. Bless her!!!! She definately deserves a bonus!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment